Name of Project : 2x660 MW NTPC Khargone Ultra Super Critical Power Plant, MP, India
Owner : NTPC Ltd, India
Client : Larsen & Toubro Limited, India
Capacity : 2x660 MW (Ultra Supercritical)
L&T-S&L’s scope : Complete Basic and Detail engineering for the entire EPC of the project
- Two (2) L&T-MHPS make Boilers with side mill arrangement
- Two (2) L&T-MHPS make Steam Turbine Generators (STGs)
Key Technical Features :
- Supercritical, Single Reheat, Once through, Balance Draft, PF Fired Boilers with vertical water walls and internal rifle tubes simpler in construction having lower pressure drop. Furnace designed for lower slag deposition and lower NOx fuel firing system
- STG of capacity 660 MW (270 kg/cm²(a) / 600°C configuration) each consists of one HP, one IP and two (2) LP cylinders, tandem – compound quadruple exhaust, condensing reheat turbine designed for high operating efficiency and maximum reliability
- STG auxiliaries like Boiler Feed Pumps (BFP), Condensate Extraction Pump (CEP), Condensate Polishing Unit, LP Heater Drain Pump, DM cooling water pumps, Vacuum pumps, heat-exchangers etc.
- Deaerator, LP Heaters (5 Nos.) & Double Train of HP Heaters (3 Nos.) with Topping Desuperheater
- Dual pressure once through type Condensers having divided water box
- Metallic casing type cooling water pumps
- Two (2) Induced Draft Cooling Tower
- 275 m High twin flue chimney.
- Solar Panels on the roof of selected buildings
- Complete Balance of Plant viz. Raw water intake system, HVAC system, firefighting system, fuel oil system, ash handling system, coal handling system, water treatment system, Cooling water system, Effluent treatment system, compressed air, mill reject system, Gas-chlorination, tanks, hydrogen generation plant etc.
Fuel : Blended coal (Indian and Imported coal in ratio of 70:30)
Year of commissioning : 2019