Name of Project : 2x60 MW Reinforcement of Wadi-Al-Dawasir Simple Cycle Gas Based Power Plant, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)
Owner : Saudi Electricity Company (SEC), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Client : Al-Toukhi Company for Industry, Trading and Contracting (TIT), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Capacity : 2x60 MW
L&T-S&L’s scope :
- Complete Basic and Detail engineering services for Reinforcement of Wadi-Al-Dawasir Power Plant as per SEC Specifications
- Coordination of Engineering work with Al-Toukhi at Riyadh office
Configuration : Two (2) GE make Frame 7EA Gas Turbine Generators (GTGs) in simple cycle mode
Key Technical Features :
- GTG of capacity 60 MW each
- Compressed Air System – Extension of Existing Compressed service & instrument Air systems with all auxiliaries
- Crude oil Treatment plant, Crude oil forwarding pump system with fuel skids, Distillate oil forwarding pumps
- Water supply system - Extension of existing water line to the new plant etc.
- Extension of existing Fire Protection and detection system etc.
- Isolated Phase Bus duct, MV Switchgear / MCC (Including extension of existing Switchgear as required), LV switch gear, Unit Main Transformers and Unit Auxiliary Transformers, Synchronizing equipment, MV & LV Power and control cables etc.
Fuel : Crude Oil/Distillate
Year of commissioning : 2009