Name of Project : 2x700 MW Rajpura Coal Based Super-Thermal Power Project, Punjab, India
Owner : Nabha Power Limited, India
Client : Larsen & Toubro Limited, India
Capacity : 2x700 MW (Supercritical)
L&T-S&L’s scope : Complete Basic and Detail engineering for EPC of entire plant
- Two (2) L&T-MHPS make Boilers
- Two (2) L&T-MHPS Steam Turbine Generators (STGs)
Key Technical Features :
- Supercritical Boilers with vertical water walls and internal rifle tubes. Furnace designed for lower slag deposition and lower NOx fuel firing system.
- STG of capacity 700 MW each having one combined HP/IP and two (2) LP cylinders, tandem -compound quadruple exhaust, condensing reheat turbine designed for high operating efficiency and maximum reliability
- STG auxiliaries like Boiler Feed Pumps (BFP), Condensate Extraction Pump (CEP), DM cooling water pumps, Vacuum pumps, heat-exchangers etc.
- Deaerator , HP/LP Heaters and Condensers are dual pressure once through type having divided water box
- Balance of Plant including coal handling, ash handling, water system, HVAC, fire fighting, fuel oil system etc.
- State-of-the-art Electro Static Precipitators with high efficiency
- General Civil works including raw water reservoir and ash pond
- Natural draft cooling tower
- Twin flue stack
Fuel : Indian Coal
Year of commissioning : 2014